It is hard to believe that my last post was the first week of the "Back to school Blog Hop" waaaay back in August. I never made it passed curriculum week. I guess that is because the next week was "School Room week" and it just did me right in. You see, up until a week ago, our school room had also become Alec's bedroom and my office. We had a family come to live with us and his room became their room and my office (that held lots of school stuff) became their babies nursery.
So to say our school room took a hit is an understatement!!! Our "adoptive" family came to live with us in May. It wasn't so bad - summer was upon us so the school room wasn't needed. But come August, the room kept getting smaller and smaller...and messier and messier!! Alec started doing school in the kitchen and Bailey made due!!
It is always amazing to me how God's timing works. We had no idea how long the family would stay....we thought probably about year. However, the Lord knew what we all needed...what our school needed...a fresh start for the new year. This precious family was able to buy their first home...God has blessed them tremendously!! They moved out this past weekend so I have spent my week putting everything back in the right room!! My house seems A LOT bigger...lol!!
It is also amazing that God also always gives us just what we need right when we need it. For some reason, de-cluttering and organizing my house, helped me to de-clutter and organize my thoughts, my desires, my goals for the rest of this school year as well as 2012 in general.
I am a huge New Year's Resolutioner (if that is even a word)!!!!!! I am all about trying to do it better and so appreciate that God's mercies are new EVERY morning...and year.
1. I want to be closer than ever to my Father - I want to pray more, study His word more, point my children to Christ more, serve more, praise Him more!!....Sit at His feet more!!!!!
2. I want to be a better wife - I want to pray for my husband more, be a better help mate, be supportive, be kinder....be more submissive - yikes!!
3. I want to be a better mother - I want to pray more and fuss less!! I want to be a godly example to my children. I want to talk and listen more...and clean less!! I want to hug more. I want to show them more grace!! I want our home to be a safe haven where they want to be!!!
4. I want to be a better teacher - I want to be more structured, have more patience...I want the kids to learn as much as they can!! I want to be an encourager...I want to build them up in Christ!!
5. I want to read more!!....and watch TV less!! - I am shooting for 20 books but hope I can beat my goal.
Those are my top five, but I have so many other things on my heart that I would like to do better. Not only am I a big "New Year's resolutioner", but I am also a big regretter!!!!!! I regret all the stuff I didn't do, some of the stuff I did do, and what I could have done better!!
In this upcoming year,
* I pray I am more grateful....in all things (in the good, the bad, and the ugly may I see God's faithfulness!!)
* I pray I am a better daughter and friend.
* I pray that I slow down.
* I pray that I take one day at a time....Sweet Jesus!!!
* I pray that I am more organized.
* and of course I pray I lose some weight and get healthier!!!!!!...and start running again too!!!
I am so looking forward to Monday. Alec is starting Louisiana History as well as a new Language Arts program, and Bailey is finishing up her sophomore year....and about to turn 16 on the 25th of this month. Have mercy!!! That is enough to do me in right there!! But hopefully instead of doing me in, it will keep me focused on what the Lord has called me to do and teach her in the years I have left with her.
Praise the Lord for new beginnings and clean school rooms!!!!
And check out our new reading chair!!!
I hope everyone has a wonderful start to the New Year!!!
In Christ Alone,