Skip to main content

Wow!! It's been awhile!!!!

It is hard to believe that my last post was the first week of the "Back to school Blog Hop" waaaay back in August.  I never made it passed curriculum week.  I guess that is because the next week was "School Room week" and it just did me right in.  You see, up until a week ago, our school room had also become Alec's bedroom and my office.  We had a family come to live with us and his room became their room and my office (that held lots of school stuff) became their babies nursery. 


So to say our school room took a hit is an understatement!!!  Our "adoptive" family came to live with us in May.  It wasn't so bad - summer was upon us so the school room wasn't needed.  But come August, the room kept getting smaller and smaller...and messier and messier!!  Alec started doing school in the kitchen and Bailey made due!!


It is always amazing to me how God's timing works.  We had no idea how long the family would stay....we thought probably about year.  However, the Lord knew what we all needed...what our school needed...a fresh start for the new year.  This precious family was able to buy their first home...God has blessed them tremendously!!  They moved out this past weekend so I have spent my week putting everything back in the right room!!  My house seems A LOT bigger...lol!!


It is also amazing that God also always gives us just what we need right when we need it.  For some reason, de-cluttering and organizing my house, helped me to de-clutter and organize my thoughts, my desires, my goals for the rest of this school year as well as 2012 in general.


I am a huge New Year's Resolutioner (if that is even a word)!!!!!!  I am all about trying to do it better and so appreciate that God's mercies are new EVERY morning...and year.  


This year.....


1.  I want to be closer than ever to my Father - I want to pray more, study His word more, point my children to Christ more, serve more, praise Him more!!....Sit at His feet more!!!!!
2.  I want to be a better wife - I want to pray for my husband more, be a better help mate, be supportive, be kinder....be more submissive - yikes!!
3.  I want to be a better mother - I want to pray more and fuss less!! I want to be a godly example to my children. I want to talk and listen more...and clean less!! I want to hug more.  I want to show them more grace!!  I want our home to be a safe haven where they want to be!!!
4.  I want to be a better teacher - I want to be more structured, have more patience...I want the kids to learn as much as they can!!  I want to be an encourager...I want to build them up in Christ!!
5.  I want to read more!!....and watch TV less!! - I am shooting for 20 books but hope I can beat my goal.


Those are my top five, but I have so many other things on my heart that I would like to do better.  Not only am I a big "New Year's resolutioner", but I am also a big regretter!!!!!!  I regret all the stuff I didn't do, some of the stuff I did do, and what I could have done better!!  


In this upcoming year, 
* I pray I am more grateful....in all things (in the good, the bad, and the ugly may I see God's faithfulness!!)
* I pray I am a better daughter and friend.
* I pray that I slow down.
* I pray that I take one day at a time....Sweet Jesus!!!
* I pray that I am more organized.
* and of course I pray I lose some weight and get healthier!!!!!!...and start running again too!!!


I am so looking forward to Monday.  Alec is starting Louisiana History as well as a new Language Arts program, and Bailey is finishing up her sophomore year....and about to turn 16 on the 25th of this month.  Have mercy!!!  That is enough to do me in right there!!  But hopefully instead of doing me in, it will keep me focused on what the Lord has called me to do and teach her in the years I have left with her.


Praise the Lord for new beginnings and clean school rooms!!!!  






And check out our new reading chair!!!  






I hope everyone has a wonderful start to the New Year!!!


In Christ Alone,
Kayce

Comments

  1. Welcome Back!!!!! School room looks amazing!!!! And what is Alec's new Language curriculum????

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that you could help that family out for that long! I think it's so important for our kids to see us making sacrifices to serve others -- you're kids will remember your example when they are adults. Enjoy your clean classroom and new beginning and have a fabulous new year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

1 Corinthians 13 applied to Christmas

1 CORINTHIANS 13 – - A CHRISTMAS VERSION - By an unknown author If I decorate my house perfectly with plaid bows, strands of twinkling lights and shiny balls, but do not show love, I’m just another decorator. If I slave away in the kitchen, baking dozens of Christmas cookies, preparing gourmet meals and arranging a beautifully adorned table at mealtime, but do not show love, I’m just another cook. If I work at the soup kitchen, carol in the nursing home and give all that I have to charity, but do not show love, it profits me nothing. If I trim the spruce with shimmering angels and crocheted snowflakes, attend a myriad of holiday parties and sing in the choir’s cantata but do not focus on Christ, I have missed the point. Love stops the cooking to hug the child.Love sets aside the decorating to kiss the husband.Love is kind, though harried and tired. Love doesn’t envy another’s home that has coordinated Christmas china and table linens. Love doesn’t yell at the kids to get out of the wa

Welcome to the

    School room "makeover" edition of the  Not-Back-to-School-Blog Hop!!!! This by far will be my most exciting post yet!!!  As I mentioned in my curriculum post, this is my second time to homeschool .  The last time I homeschooled , my children were in 2nd and 4th grade, and we homeschooled for two years.  We actually did our schooling in a small dining room where the table took up most of the room.  My daughter sat at one end of the table and my son at the other.  I sat in the middle.  I had a wicker basket thingy with 3 drawers with all our stuff.  Now, they are in 9th and 7th grade-which means they are much bigger - lol !!!  Not to mention the fact that I am schooling two of their friends.  That means two 9th graders and two 7th graders. Well, the room I did homeschool in no longer exist due to a little remodeling, and we just so happen to have an extra room that was supposed to me my husbands room for an office and/ or work- out room but actually had turned out

Flourishing as a Pastor's Wife by Being a Team Player

Now I don't know much about football. My husband thought it was funny that this is the analogy and theme I chose to share with a group of pastor’s wives’ for a luncheon…but I really feel like this is where the Lord was leading me….our word for our ladies ministry this year is flourish …our focus in growing in grace…by His grace! Last year we cultivated…we pruned and weeded and got our soil ready, and this year, our goal is to focus on growing…so as I was thinking and praying on how I could best encourage us today to flourish as pastor’s wives…I was reminded of philosophy of sorts that Rusty and I have tried to live and model for our family… TEAM REED ….we wanted our kids to see that we work as a team…life is a team effort…even laundry…I remember my husband telling me early on in our marriage, that he was on my side…that he wanted me to succeed…….and we shared this with our daughter when she first got married that now she was part of TEAM REHIM…I even made her a TEAM REHIM sign….so