Skip to main content

Sharing Sunday


As I went to church this morning, I went there very defeated. It has been a long week with LOTS of up and downs, and spiritually, I was not where I should have been. During the song service, the Lord got a hold of me like gravy on rice...and I was sincerely broken. Our song service began with the hymn "Because He Lives." That is when the softening began. Because He lives I CAN face tomorrow - even with an autistic son, even with a hurting back, etc. etc. It was all I could do to get the words out without weeping. The next song we sang was "The Power of the Cross" - As I sang that song and really focused on the words, my heart truly began to break and I couldn't hold back the tears anymore. Here's the chorus - The power of the cross, Christ became sin for us, took the blame, bore the wrath, we stand forgiven at the cross. The chorus alone will do you in when you really focus on what that song is saying. It really put a new light on my petty situation...my problems that are really nothing more than inconveniences. Then this verse really broke me - Oh to see the pain, written on your face, bearing the awesome weight of sin (MY SIN!!!) Every bitter thought, every evil deed, crowning your bloodstained brow...What a love! What a cost! We stand forgiven at the cross. Now that is brutal and wonderful all at the same time, and I praise God for our worship service this morning. We ended the song service with "Change my Heart Oh God" and I knew that is exactly what my prayer needed to be. I excused myself to our cry room and out loud recommitted my life to Christ, begged for forgiveness of my harden heart, and praised Him for the power of the Cross and the fact that because He lives, I can face tomorrow!!!!! And I was brutally reminded that the only way for Him to change my heart and for me to be more like Him, was to genuinely spend time with Him in prayer and Bible study. So my commitment starts NOW!! I will soon begin sharing a book by Nancy Leigh DeMoss entitled A Place of Quiet Rest - Finding Intimacy with God Through a Daily Devotional Life. I have come to a real place in my life where I understand more than ever that that is the key - a personal consistent quiet time with the Lord. I encourage anyone out there to joing me in this commitment. In Christ Alone!!!

Comments

  1. WOW!! You are so right! What a great worship service it was. The sermon was what did me in though. I have really been dealing alot with the fact that our country is really heading in the wrong direction and that I need to step it up for Christ and really be more of a light in this world than just another every day person. I was really convicted this morning and cannot wait for your study...It seems that its just me and you on my study so hopefully you can reel in some more folks. Even if its just us...I cant wait!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the

    School room "makeover" edition of the  Not-Back-to-School-Blog Hop!!!! This by far will be my most exciting post yet!!!  As I mentioned in my curriculum post, this is my second time to homeschool .  The last time I homeschooled , my children were in 2nd and 4th grade, and we homeschooled for two years.  We actually did our schooling in a small dining room where the table took up most of the room.  My daughter sat at one end of the table and my son at the other.  I sat in the middle.  I had a wicker basket thingy with 3 drawers with all our stuff.  Now, they are in 9th and 7th grade-which means they are much bigger - lol !!!  Not to mention the fact that I am schooling two of their friends.  That means two 9th graders and two 7th graders. Well, the room I did homeschool in no longer exist due to a little remodeling, and we just so happen to have an extra room that was supposed to me my husbands room for an office and/ or work- out room but actually had turned out

1 Corinthians 13 applied to Christmas

1 CORINTHIANS 13 – - A CHRISTMAS VERSION - By an unknown author If I decorate my house perfectly with plaid bows, strands of twinkling lights and shiny balls, but do not show love, I’m just another decorator. If I slave away in the kitchen, baking dozens of Christmas cookies, preparing gourmet meals and arranging a beautifully adorned table at mealtime, but do not show love, I’m just another cook. If I work at the soup kitchen, carol in the nursing home and give all that I have to charity, but do not show love, it profits me nothing. If I trim the spruce with shimmering angels and crocheted snowflakes, attend a myriad of holiday parties and sing in the choir’s cantata but do not focus on Christ, I have missed the point. Love stops the cooking to hug the child.Love sets aside the decorating to kiss the husband.Love is kind, though harried and tired. Love doesn’t envy another’s home that has coordinated Christmas china and table linens. Love doesn’t yell at the kids to get out of the wa

Not Back to School Blog Hop: Curriculum

This is our first year back homeschooling. They are in the 9th and 7th grade. The last time we homeschooled, they were in the 2nd and 4th and we homeschooled for two years. For the past three years we have been at a wonderful Christian school in our area. I taught 4th grade and my daughter had a wonderful experience in middle school, 6th through 8th grade. Our school only went to 8th grade. My son had a rougher time. The teachers were wonderful and he had great friends, played basketball and flag football, but academically he struggled due to his autism. The lockers, changing classes, over stimulation, etc. But the Lord has continued to be faithful throughout our school career whether we were in private school, public school, or homeschooling, so I have no doubt that the upcoming year will be no different.  I am so excited to be sharing this adventure with several close friends at my church and equally excited that I will be homeschooling a friend for each of my kids.  We are looki