Skip to main content

Our Magical...somewhat Miserable...Memorable Disney Vacation!!!!


Now that we are home, I don't remember as much of the miserable, but believe you me, Disney World can be not so magical at times!!  It is such a huge place and there is so much to do.  You are tired, there are people everywhere, scooters (we even had one in our group!!!), 
Love you Mrs. Joyce!!!!!
strollers, everybody wants to do different things, etc., etc. Good grief, it is all coming back to me!!!

Maw Maw Ginnie got a wheelchair one day.  Then Big Russ said NO MORE!!!!!
We did make some wonderful memories, and we had a ball on all the rides.  The parades and fireworks were my favorite (Rusty hated them!!!). 

Everyday was jam packed.  We went to a different park everyday. 

Day One -  We spent most of the day getting there.  It was the kids first time to fly.  They loved it.  Alec only had one meltdown when his ears started to hurt.  He is not about being uncomfortable in anyway shape or form!!! Once we checked in our resort, we went to the Magic Kingdom for a couple of hours.

















We saw our first of MANY firework shows!!!!
 
This is how Alec stayed when we were stopped....anywhere!!!


Day 2 was EPCOT -I loved going to EPCOT and visiting all the countries since that is what Alec is studying this year - Countries and Cultures (MFW) - I did however... go by myself to most of them.  I bought a passport and made my little mask at the KIDCOT station (Bailey made one too because she felt sorry for me!!) and off I went.  Alec and Rusty went back to Future World - where all the rides were- and Mom, Mrs. Joyce, and Bailey sat for almost two hours waiting for the Illuminations light show to begin!!!!!


Of course, Alec had to have a Mickey Waffle first thing!!!!



I just love Mickey.  This was in the gift shop after Space Mountain!!!!


We had a fun meet and greet at Epcot!!!!  Well, not so fun for Alec!!!! 





Me at KIDCOT making my mask!!!



The Illumination fireworks were amazing.







Day 3 - Hollywood Studios - This was our least favorite park.


The elevator for the Tower of Terror - My least favorite ride!!!!!



                               We (the girls) saw Beauty and the Beast!!!



The entrance to the ROCKING ROLLER COASTER RIDE!

Still in the scooter!!!!

Still sitting down!!!     

We left Hollywood Studios early and headed back to Magic Kingdom to watch the parade and yes...more fireworks!!!








A Mickey rice krispy treat!!!!!
 Day 4 was ANIMAL KINGDOM - my favorite park!!!!



Hands down the best restaurant in Disney!!!!!





 This is the year of celebrating at Disney and we were celebrating Mom being cancer free!!!





 It is Tough to be a Bug - very cute show!!!!


The Dinosaur ride scared Alec half to death!!!

 Poor Mrs. Joyce - she thought it was more of a kiddy ride - NOT!!!!



                                     Loved the animals!!!!



 and loved the parade!!!





 Alec however was on his last leg!!!!!





Alec and me after we road a ride that got us soaking wet - A river raft ride of some sort!!  He loved it!!


Rusty was MIA most of this day.  He went on a Bass fishing excursion...by himself!!!


 Animal Kingdom closes at 5:00 so the ladies headed over to Downtown Disney. 










A peanut butter brownie sundae!!!  Ridiculously good!!!



  and Day 5 we spent the whole day at the Magic Kingdom!




Swiss Family Robinson Tree House

Splash Mountain!!!!!!








                                           This was the only day it rained!!!


                                                            Another parade!!





The Monster's INC. show was really cute!!!!


Deep down they really do love each other..they just get on each other's nerves!!!!










We were headed home Day 6 and on that day we ended our vacation with a character breakfast, Chief Mickey. 


Our reservations were at 8:30. I woke up at 8:00!!!!! You have to catch the bus to Magic kingdom and then take the Monorail to the Contemporary resort where Chief Mickey is located. We were supposed to be out of our resort by 11:00 and we hadn't packed a thing!!!! Rusty and I brushed our teeth, put clothes on, and headed out. Mom and the kids came later, and Mrs. Joyce opted to sit this one out!! I am glad we didn't miss it. The breakfast was delicious and the characters were precious.


                                  





Rusty was overjoyed!!!!!!!!





Brutal!!!!!





                                             Headed home!!!!




Here is a funny story about Alec's bat.  Mom and I bought it at Team Mickey in Downtown Disney.  Not once did we figure on it being a weapon.  The security at the airport said it had to be checked in or thrown away.  Rusty and Bailey had already gone through security and Rusty had the bat.  He lost his mind and yelled, "The bat can't fly, the bat can't fly!"  So....I sent Alec through security, put my shoes back on, emptied my bucket and took off for Delta to check in the bat - $25.00!!! 


Who knew???  EVERYBODY!!!!!!!




They have love bugs in Florida too!!!!!!!


                 This is when we THOUGHT we were heading home!!!





This is when we realize we are not!!!!!
We were supposed to get home around 7:30 Saturday night, but our plane had "mechanical difficulties" so we missed our connecting flight and had to spend the night in Atlanta - with no luggage. We got home around 11:00 Sunday morning.




This is our "new" plane... the next day from Atlanta to Baton Rouge.  It was VERY small and you had to walk outside to get on.  Brutal!!!!!!



Stick a fork in us...WE ARE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



A Beautiful sight!!!!


It really was a wonderful time, and it wouldn't be a true "Reed vacation/Adventure" without a little drama!!!  I wouldn't trade this time with my family for anything in the world...except maybe a Sandals Resort with Rusty!!  Just Kidding. :)

This is how Alec has been ALL week!!!!  and how the rest of us wish we could be!!!!


Back to life....back to reality!!!
Kayce

Comments

  1. Welcome back! I was stuck in the Atlanta airport last spring -- no fun! But it looks like a wonderful trip, even with the not-so-great moments. I'd love to take our kids to Disney someday. I haven't been since I was a little kid.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the

    School room "makeover" edition of the  Not-Back-to-School-Blog Hop!!!! This by far will be my most exciting post yet!!!  As I mentioned in my curriculum post, this is my second time to homeschool .  The last time I homeschooled , my children were in 2nd and 4th grade, and we homeschooled for two years.  We actually did our schooling in a small dining room where the table took up most of the room.  My daughter sat at one end of the table and my son at the other.  I sat in the middle.  I had a wicker basket thingy with 3 drawers with all our stuff.  Now, they are in 9th and 7th grade-which means they are much bigger - lol !!!  Not to mention the fact that I am schooling two of their friends.  That means two 9th graders and two 7th graders. Well, the room I did homeschool in no longer exist due to a little remodeling, and we just so happen to have an extra room that was supposed to me my husbands room for an office and/ or work- out room but actually had turned out

1 Corinthians 13 applied to Christmas

1 CORINTHIANS 13 – - A CHRISTMAS VERSION - By an unknown author If I decorate my house perfectly with plaid bows, strands of twinkling lights and shiny balls, but do not show love, I’m just another decorator. If I slave away in the kitchen, baking dozens of Christmas cookies, preparing gourmet meals and arranging a beautifully adorned table at mealtime, but do not show love, I’m just another cook. If I work at the soup kitchen, carol in the nursing home and give all that I have to charity, but do not show love, it profits me nothing. If I trim the spruce with shimmering angels and crocheted snowflakes, attend a myriad of holiday parties and sing in the choir’s cantata but do not focus on Christ, I have missed the point. Love stops the cooking to hug the child.Love sets aside the decorating to kiss the husband.Love is kind, though harried and tired. Love doesn’t envy another’s home that has coordinated Christmas china and table linens. Love doesn’t yell at the kids to get out of the wa

Not Back to School Blog Hop: Curriculum

This is our first year back homeschooling. They are in the 9th and 7th grade. The last time we homeschooled, they were in the 2nd and 4th and we homeschooled for two years. For the past three years we have been at a wonderful Christian school in our area. I taught 4th grade and my daughter had a wonderful experience in middle school, 6th through 8th grade. Our school only went to 8th grade. My son had a rougher time. The teachers were wonderful and he had great friends, played basketball and flag football, but academically he struggled due to his autism. The lockers, changing classes, over stimulation, etc. But the Lord has continued to be faithful throughout our school career whether we were in private school, public school, or homeschooling, so I have no doubt that the upcoming year will be no different.  I am so excited to be sharing this adventure with several close friends at my church and equally excited that I will be homeschooling a friend for each of my kids.  We are looki