Skip to main content

One Thing We ALL have in common...

 It's hard to look around today and see all of the disunity in our county. It breaks my heart...and I know it breaks the Lord's heart as well...to see how far America has gone to the left and how far away she is from the foundations that made this country great. I am a white woman who works in a predominantly black school. It is hard to build relationships and make friends when so much of social media and the news does all it can to stir up "stuff." I have a deep love for my students as well as a desire for them to succeed. I desire to have positive relationships with their parents. I want my students to know that the color of a person's skin does not determine a set of preconceived notions.


I love to listen to podcasts and as of late I have been listening to several that pertain to critical race theory. Wow! Just wow. To be told that just because of the color of my skin I am a racist is not only wrong, it's plum ridiculous. I spend all day 5 days a week teaching my students to the best of my ability. I have much respect for my fellow teachers, and I enjoy working with, and under, these great men and women, almost all of whom are black. And yes, we may have our differences...types of music, backgrounds, culture, skin color, etc. but one thing we all have in common is that we are all sinners in need of a Savior. Yes, horrible things have been done in name of race, but the color of people's skin is not the root or the cause. Sin is at the root. People do brutal things, say brutal things, and even think brutal things because apart from Christ there is no good in us.

My hope is that in Christ we can have unity...that in Christ we can look past our differences, forgive, give grace, grow, and be an example to the lost. My hope is that as Americans we would know that we do have an enemy, but it is not each other. Satan is who comes to steal, kill, and destroy. He is our true enemy. May our commonality be Christ. May our commonality be that we desire to live according to the guidelines of the Bible.

When I take a stand against abortion, and homosexuality, riots, and organizations like Black Lives Matter, it is not because I am a racist with white privilege who is not tolerate of others. It is because I am a Christian who believes the Bible is the inherit Word of God. I believe every single word. I believe that abortion is murder. I believe that God created man and woman to be fruitful and multiply and that it goes against the very nature of God for a man to be with a man and a woman to be with a woman. I believe that sin has done much to numb us of what is true. I believe that America has lost its first Love. I believe that Satan is using platforms like the media, critical race theory and Black Lives Matter to confuse, distort, and discombobulate people's mind to where they don't even know what is what. If you stand up for what you believe in...if you stand up for Truth and the Bible....if you have an opinion that is contrary to the popular opinion of the day, you are considered a racist and intolerant. That is not happening by accident. The schemes of the devil are real. It says in 1 Peter 5:8, "Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour." And he is doing some devouring!

I pray that as our country moves forward that the Lord would see fit to change the narrative. That He would see fit to change peoples' heart and motives and allow people to see and hear the truth. That He would give me boldness to stand up for what I believe and to not be embarrassed because of the color of my skin. My embarrassment should come because of the sin in my life as well as my lack of courage to be more vocal about my Biblical and political views. Instead, I spend my days running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to make sure that my co-workers, kiddos, and parents know how much I care about the well being of my students. I have to work twice as hard because I am white, and that makes me sad. I have such a hard time with Black History Month. Not because I mind teaching black heritage, but because a majority of the stories continue to stir up strife and the focus in so many cases is to make sure younger generations don't forget how horrible the white man is. But that is exactly what the Bible calls us to do...forgive and give grace. Sin is sin and God is righteous and just. He will deal with the hearts of man no matter the color of their skin. America has come so far but instead of recognizing and celebrating that, our kids are being taught to hold on to all that hate...to be bitter, not better....to not see how far we have come as a nation regarding equality and rights.

Oh how I pray for our country...may we seek the Lord with our whole hearts and run to our Savior...because we ALL need saving!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the

    School room "makeover" edition of the  Not-Back-to-School-Blog Hop!!!! This by far will be my most exciting post yet!!!  As I mentioned in my curriculum post, this is my second time to homeschool .  The last time I homeschooled , my children were in 2nd and 4th grade, and we homeschooled for two years.  We actually did our schooling in a small dining room where the table took up most of the room.  My daughter sat at one end of the table and my son at the other.  I sat in the middle.  I had a wicker basket thingy with 3 drawers with all our stuff.  Now, they are in 9th and 7th grade-which means they are much bigger - lol !!!  Not to mention the fact that I am schooling two of their friends.  That means two 9th graders and two 7th graders. Well, the room I did homeschool in no longer exist due to a little remodeling, and we just so happen to have an extra room that was supposed to me my husbands room for an office and/ or work- out room but actually had turned out

1 Corinthians 13 applied to Christmas

1 CORINTHIANS 13 – - A CHRISTMAS VERSION - By an unknown author If I decorate my house perfectly with plaid bows, strands of twinkling lights and shiny balls, but do not show love, I’m just another decorator. If I slave away in the kitchen, baking dozens of Christmas cookies, preparing gourmet meals and arranging a beautifully adorned table at mealtime, but do not show love, I’m just another cook. If I work at the soup kitchen, carol in the nursing home and give all that I have to charity, but do not show love, it profits me nothing. If I trim the spruce with shimmering angels and crocheted snowflakes, attend a myriad of holiday parties and sing in the choir’s cantata but do not focus on Christ, I have missed the point. Love stops the cooking to hug the child.Love sets aside the decorating to kiss the husband.Love is kind, though harried and tired. Love doesn’t envy another’s home that has coordinated Christmas china and table linens. Love doesn’t yell at the kids to get out of the wa

Not Back to School Blog Hop: Curriculum

This is our first year back homeschooling. They are in the 9th and 7th grade. The last time we homeschooled, they were in the 2nd and 4th and we homeschooled for two years. For the past three years we have been at a wonderful Christian school in our area. I taught 4th grade and my daughter had a wonderful experience in middle school, 6th through 8th grade. Our school only went to 8th grade. My son had a rougher time. The teachers were wonderful and he had great friends, played basketball and flag football, but academically he struggled due to his autism. The lockers, changing classes, over stimulation, etc. But the Lord has continued to be faithful throughout our school career whether we were in private school, public school, or homeschooling, so I have no doubt that the upcoming year will be no different.  I am so excited to be sharing this adventure with several close friends at my church and equally excited that I will be homeschooling a friend for each of my kids.  We are looki